2014 Teacher Training Immersions in Santorini, Greece
June 17 - 23 Chakra Vinyasa (40 TT hours)
Chakra Vinyasa™: Liberating the Body Mandala
Experience an accessible and universal approach to the chakra system within vinyasa that accesses the essential truths of our energetic body to live in greater alignment with our authentic flow. Through this practical and inspirational exploration of the chakra system and yogic body, we will develop a transformative approach to the body mandala and learn to assess our imbalances and translate this into practical vinyasa yoga sequences for our self, private students, group classes and living the flow of yoga.
As a retreat module the hours are integrated into the twice daily practice session (solar-lunar) and two hour sequencing-teacher lab every day. For certification, online Chakra Vinyasa Practice Videos (ten total) and Chakra Vinyasa - History and Evolution of the Chakras with scholar Chris Tompkins are required for each teacher's benefit as as a way to integrate the retreat practices over time at your own pace. Chakra Vinyasa is part of the 40 Namaskar-Sixty-Four Sequence system of Prana Flow Movement Alchemy for Living Yoga. Santorini is one of the most amazing places to embody this flow and recharge yourself so there is space in the middle of the day to be with the elements, relax, embody the elements and flow of life.
Chakra Vinyasa™ Teaching Tools:
• History of the Chakra System from Tantra
• Principles of Energetic Vinyasa for Sequencing for the Chakras and All Levels of Practice
• Tantric base of Chakra, Bija Mantra and Mudra Meditation for realization and balancing
• Five Mandala Namaskars – Circular Namaskars from the root to the heart
• Five Solar and Lunar Chakra Vinyasa ™ Sequences from the root to the crown for balancing through the chakras.
• Chakra Namaskar – Integrated practice sequence
• Embodied Psychology of the Chakras – East and West for life-integration
• Empowering Teaching Labs for Individual and All-Level Classes
* Includes Workbook to ground the Namaskars and Sequences of Chakra Vinyasa
June 23 - 27 Prana Danda Yoga (30 TT hours)
PranaDandaYoga Teacher Training and
Immersion with Demetri Velisarius and Shiva Rea
Prana Danda Yoga is an empowering and fluid way to center the mind and awaken the energetic spine (inner danda) by engaging with a specially designed 5 foot staff (outer danda). In yogic tradition the danda is perceived as a reflection of the central energy channel, a symbol of present-moment rootedness and serves as the pivotal axis which grounds one’s practice in guardianship; the penetrating quality of alertness that neutralizes all distraction. The danda supports and guides a series of asanas and spiral movements comprised of a specially designed Prana Vira Flow sequence (vinyāsa) that can be done with or without the danda. Integrating the danda with a Prana Vira Flow® vinyasa sequence attracts mind/energy to the embodied center which creates deeper, energetic alignment, and primal connection heightens one’s presence with an archetype of power, stability and wisdom refines coordination by acting as a “rhythmic conductor” entraining and unifying coherent systems of the body. The danda acts a horizontal and vertical alignment tool supporting the body in asana and meditation induces a feeling of interconnectedness, peace and well being.
Learn the philosophy and fundamentals of PDY as an embodied ritual practice and as a sacred support for asana, meditation, dance and flow.
Multi Day Intensive Includes:
* core prana danda meditation and nine-round nadi shodana to open the inner danda
* entire series of sequences from the Heaven & Earth Family
* 8 kriyas of Prana Danda Yoga
* hands-on assists with danda
* synchronized partner practice
Comes with workbook, and additional online video support;
Required to teach PDY:
Two online courses and video of your practice and 200-hour certification to teach PDY
For more information, contact email@example.com
“A man needs a little madness, or else he never dares cut the rope and be free.”